20 May, 2009

Break Up the Bucs!

Don't look now, but your Pittsburgh Pirates are riding a four-game winning streak, hoping to eliminate any memory of that gut-wrenching nine-game losing streak they endured a little while back. This ten-game road trip has massive implications on any hope of a successful Buccos season (and by successful I mean anything close to .500 baseball.) Helping the Pirates' cause this week was a well-timed trip to the nation's capital, which is home to the Expos, er I mean Nationals, a team that is in worse shape than your Bucs (if that's humanly possible.) If you thought the Pirates' bullpen was bad, just take a look at what the Nationals have rotting in their pen.

That's right. Not one, not two, not three but four, count em, FOUR former Bucco castoffs are floundering in the Nats' bullpen. Joe Beimel, Ron Villone, Kip fucking Wells and Julian Tavarez all call DC their home for this season. It really makes Jesse Chavez and Matt Capps look pretty appealing if you ask me. And anytime you can use a Slapshot quote to harass a team's closer, that's pretty awesome as well.

"Hey Hanrahan! Hanrahan! Hanrahan - Suzanne sucks pussy! Hey Hanrahan she's a dyke! I know, I know! She's a lesbian, a lesbian, a lesbian!"

I may have to purchase a seat near the Nats' pen when they come to town in early August. But anyways, it's refreshing to see the Buccos turn it around a little and creep closer to respectability. And it's also nice to see Brandon Moss finally start to live up to some of his expectations. After I called out Andy LaRoche repeatedly, he turned it on, and so I then focused my unforgiving wrath on Moss, who has responded as well. So if you know anyone that is underachieving and needs a nice kick in the ass, let me know.

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER BIATCH!

1 comment: