22 April, 2009

Killing Time While Unemployed

One of the pastimes I have had lately is watching movies. Honestly, in the past month I'll bet I have watched a hundred at least.

Where is this going you ask? Right now Tom is thinking something like this, "Goddammit Penn, this is a fucking sports blog! That's it I'm stripping your posting privileges immediately!" Don't worry Tommy, there is a point to this.

There are only two kinds of movies that make me tear up. The first is any film with a heroic or lovable dog and said pooch dies in the end. Movies like Homeward Bound ( I know the dog doesn't die in the end but my dog's name is Shadow and when he and his owner are reunited at the end it melts my heart) and Marley and Me ( If you are a dog lover DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE WITH ANYONE YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU BALL LIKE A FOUR YEAR OLD GIRL!). The other kind of flick that gets my water running are sports movies.

I have compiled a list of my top 5 favorite acting performances that depicts real life sports figure and invite you all to do the same....

1. John Goodman as Babe Ruth, The Babe
2. Ray Liotta as "Shoeless" Joe Jackson, Field of Dreams
3. Kurt Russel as Herb Brooks, Miracle
4. Thomas Jane as Mickey Mantle, 61
5. Gary Cooper as Lou Gehrig, The Pride of the Yankees


That's my 5 and yes, I do cry every time I watch any of these movies.

2 comments: